How to Reach SonipatSonipat is a perfect picnic package for visitors, which is just 30 km away from the New Delhi border. It comes under the National Capital Region (NCR) and is surrounded by the river Yamuna. The travel guide of this city is incomplete without mentioning about its rich and diversified spiritual and cultural legacy. From heritage places like Khwaja Khizr Tomb to temples, the famous tourist attractions definitely provide a delightful experience to visitors.
How to Reach Sonipat City
How to Reach Sonepat by Road
Sonipat is 152 km away from Yamuna Nagar, 145 km from Hissar, 85 km from Karnal, 80 km from Gurgaon, 57 km from New Delhi, 50 km from Rohtak and 25 km from Narela. It is connected with Haryana State Road Transport Corporation (HSRTC) and some private travel services. It can also be easily communicated through a personal vehicle.
Here is a travel guide on New Delhi to Sonipat…
Travel Time - 58 Minutes
Take Minto Road and Asaf Ali Road to Grand Trunk Road/Mahatma Gandhi Marg/Ring Road in Indraprastha (6.2 km / 12 minutes)
- Head north-west (130 m)
- Be slight right towards Deen Dayal Upadhaya Marg (130 m)
- Turn left on the Deen Dayal Upadhaya Marg (88)
- Take right and come on Minto Road (650 m)
- Take third exit from Jawaharlal Nehru Marg from the roundabout (550 m)
- Turn left on Chaman Lal Marg (230 m)
- Take right on Asaf Ali Road (850 m)
- Continue on Jawaharlal Nehru Marg (550 m)
- Take left and pass by Shanti Van (2.4 km)
- Be right towards Grand Trunk Road/Mahatma Gandhi Marg or the Ring Road (650 m)
Follow Outer Ring Road and Grand Trunk Road to Sonipat (36.4 km / 43 minutes)
- Slight left onto Grand Trunk Road / Mahatma Gandhi Marg / Ring Road (2.1 km)
- Continue onto Dr. KB Hegdewar Marg or the Outer Ring Road (11.7 km)
- Take the slip road onto Grand Trunk Road (22.5 km)
And then, Drive to Sonipat.
Reach Sonepat by Rail Sonipat is very well connected by train network as well with various famous cities such as New Delhi, Jaipur, Chandigarh and so on. Following is an overview on train services between New Delhi and Sonipat!
Travel Time – 30 Minutes
Trains Available for Sonepat from New Delhi – Himachal Express, Jhelum Express, Jammu Mail, Saryu Yamuna Express, Shaheed Express, Paschim Express, Himalyan Queen, Malwa Express, Amritsar Express and so on
Reach Sonepat by Air
The nearest airport from Sonepat city is Indira Gandhi International Airport. It is situated near Palam, New Delhi. It takes about one and half hours drive from Sonepat. Regular flights to a number of national and international destinations actually take off from this world-famous airport.
Things to keep in mind when visiting SonepatThe best season to visit Sonipat is the months of August to February when climate remains cool. The weather becomes pleasant during these months offering the best holiday experience to tourists. Visiting this place during summer season should be avoided because of high temperatures of 45 degree Celsius when entire state experience heat wave conditions. Heavy rainfall is recorded during monsoon season of July to September. This period can be enjoyed while drenching in the rains.
- SHARE THIS
- TWEET THIS
- SHARE THIS
- LOVE THIS 0